I’m soooooooooooooooooo not ready. Are you? (Everyone but meleah can answer because I already know her answer. She’s a stud.)
I must be desperate because I have my notebook out for a list. Do you have any idea how long it’s been since I made a list for something other than possibilities for a dinner menu, recipe ingredients, or groceries? Hmmmmm?
Like I said. Behind.
- I still have to get my car smogged so I can get a certificate to mail in with my license fees before the end of the month.
- I have to get a couple more gifts for the Middle Son. Fine. So I’m splitting hairs.
- I’m making piles of presents to sort out what’s traveling to VA and what’s not.
- I’m making Christmas dinner for 16 or so while we’re there, so I’m close to having the menu done. Oh, and breakfast, too, so those recipes are ready to go (have you ever heard of Fat Momma’s French Toast?)
- I have successfully completed my December Daring Baker’s Challenge that will be robotically (bwahahahahaha!) posted this coming Saturday at Sass & Veracity, so if you want to laugh your ass off, make sure you check in so you can snort your coffee through your nose. Everyone should be able to say they’ve done it at least once in their life. Suffice it to say, I’m donating the product to the middle school down the street. I’m sure the office staff will have inhaled it before I can make it out the door before they ask what it was.
- I bought Christmas cards and think I’ll get around to doing them tonight. The “authorized”service provider for our television and Best Buy will not be on my list. I did find a very cool box of Coal Candy at Restoration Hardware, however.
- I made an executive decision and am postponing baking cookies until after New Year’s (how’s that for being an ingenious slacker?)
- Most of the house is decked out for our house sitters (The Oldest Son & The Middle Son), so they can feel our holiday lerve and open their presents on Christmas day without us. Of course we’ll probably set up an iChat session so they can see how many of our faces can be crammed into the screen at one time and yell “Merry Christmas!” effectively eliminating any angst caused by our leaving them here because they had to work. Â
- The RT has to clean his area (because he has managed to get it back to the condition it was before I painted and organized it.
- The MoH took care of the laundry yesterday (He’s well-trained. Okay, so actually, he’s just a nice guy.)
- Now, a final trip to the grocery store so the guys have enough junk to eat while we’re gone.
So, yah. I’m ready.
But I’m smiling.