How are you doing out there in Bloggsville? Are you getting as slow a start to 2008 as I? No? Great. So how about sending me some of your energy since I have absolutely NONE. Jeez. I could actually take a nap and I never have done that sort of thing. I’ve never been able to figure out how people do that. When I’ve taken a nap — oh, about once or three times in my life, I’m not refreshed. I suck. My butt’s dragging around and I’m cranky. So what else is new, right? Whatever.
So with this incredible lackluster beginning, I’m going to take care of one of your favorite things…a meme. The best thing about this meme is the person who tagged me: Lis of La Mia Cucina. Lis has the knack of being able to brighten my day with the most ridiculous crap. I LOVE it! Jokes, videos, trials and tribulations — you name it. She’s completely hilarious. But she’s also quite the human. The day we arrived in VA, a box of holiday goodness arrived bearing her return address. Home baked cookies (six different kinds?) Christmas decorations and a warm and lovely grey scarf were nestled under the tissue just waiting to be enjoyed. Thanks, Lis!
But you’re going to be pissed at me, Lis, ’cause I’m not tagging anyone. And just so you know you’re not alone, I’ve got awards stacked up from summer to hand out. Think I’m a bit behind? Um…yah. So now that the rest of you are relieved, you can keep reading if you are interested in finding out even more useless information about whom else?
What was I doing 10 years ago?
Hmmm…1998…I have to count by thinking of the RTR because the years unfortunately run together right now. So he was six and seriously cute. I think I had just left a position in our school district’s central office and had decided to go back to the classroom to teach sixth grade. I was doing quite a bit of writing myself then (page 92 of a novel I never finished…), and the WONDERFUL group of students I had that year developed extraordinary writing skills. It was one of my very favorite years of teaching. Lots of good memories. Life is certainly much easier now, though.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was sitting on my rear end and most likely feeling pretty sore, pathetic, worthless, and blob-like. I had just gotten my iMac and wasn’t able to sit and write or do anything with it. I was only two weeks past having my innards scraped out. Suffice it to say that a hysterectomy that was to have gone relatively simply a couple of days after Christmas (three tiny incisions through my abdominal wall) morphed into a giant smiley face due to what the gynecologist labeled “a complete mess,” or endometriosis on everything it could possibly have grown on. He asked me afterwards how I could not have known I was in that condition and not in severe pain. I told him that I figured it’s how all females felt. You know, just another female complaint. And since I come from a long line of females who can pretty much squat in the field to give birth and then go back to whatever they were doing, then hell. What did I know? You live and learn, right?
Five snacks I enjoy:
This is the strangest meme question I’ve ever answered. It makes me remember kindergarten snack time which I detested. Talk about a brat. I never have enjoyed graham crackers and milk. Period. But now? 1. A hand full of Mission tortilla chips that I end up having to share with my dog because she hears the wrapper and comes running. Herdez salsa makes that snack even better. I’m not much of a snacker. Does a glass of wine count as a snack? No? 2. Okay, so a slice of dry salami. 3. Raw almonds. 4. Cucumbers and salt. 5. Navel oranges.
Five songs that I know all the lyrics to:
- “Yesterday” — The Beatles
- “Help” — The Beatles
- “You’re So Vain” — Carly Simon
- “Without You” — Harry Nilsson
- “The Sound of Silence” — Simon and Garfunkel
Sorry. This is as good as it gets. Sad, huh?Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- Buy my mother a small house where she wants to live. No wheels, Mom. Sorry. You tried that once.
- Invest the money to earn enough income each year so we didn’t have to work, allowing us to travel whenever we liked.
- Open a store that sells a hodge podge of beautiful things that people can’t resist spending their money on for themselves and people they love.
- Restore an old house in a perfect place. And since I’m stuck in Paradise, it’s probably about a mile from here a block from the beach. With a real yard. And a place to have a yard sale.
- Hire someone to organize my house and put labels on everything…Bwahahahahaha! And then clean it for me, too. Now that would be completely perfect.
Five bad habits:
- Hanging onto things I think I’ll use again and then don’t.
- Not exercising. I’m out of the habit AGAIN. It makes me crazy.
- Drinking more than one glass of wine at night. Okay. Two.
- Not finishing projects I’ve started. I suppose I can’t exactly call that my trademark, right?
- Telling people I’ll do things I don’t want to do and then complaining about having to do them. Bitch, moan, bitch, moan. Just say no thank you, right?
Five things I like doing:
- Having an entire day ahead of me with absolutely no plan in sight.
- Being completely lost in a very good book with nothing to interrupt me.
- Taking care of plants and gardens.
- Cooking. Thinking about cooking. Looking at cooking magazines, cookbooks, and foodblogs.
- Writing about whatever strikes my fancy. Or anyone else’s for that matter.
Five things I would never wear again:
- Leggings with oversized tops. I think this was during the Flashdance era. It was so fun then. What were we thinking?
- A string bikini. I’m wincing over the image, here.
- Peasant dresses. Like being an ugly adolescent wasn’t bad enough. Don’t ask.
- White nylons. With black heels. Excuse me?
- Empire waisted anything. Whose idea was that, anyway?
Five favorite toys:
- My iMac. Of course.
- My Cannon Powershot, which I left in VA and my sister had to ship to me. Feh. Thanks, lormo!
- Whatever new pan or kitchen gadget I’ve just purchased…(digital food scale, new All-Clad frying pan, 13″ round ceramic baker) I need more cupboard space now.
- Photoshop — but I’ve been pretty lazy lately and haven’t done anything.
- My blogs.
Now aren’t you wowed by this information?
I didn’t think so. But if you’re without blogging material, consider yourself tagged.